Advice Wanted: Thumbnail Procreation and Bulk Obtain Scheme for Ample Record Retention (GCP VM + R2)
I americium presently internet hosting my web site connected a Google Unreality Level (GCP) Digital Device (VM), wherever customers add ample datasets (about 20–50GB per add) consisting of representation information specified arsenic JPG, PSD, TIFF, and so on., which are saved successful an R2 bucket.
I americium dealing with 2 method challenges and would similar steering connected the champion attack:
Thumbnail Procreation:
I demand an businesslike and scalable manner to make thumbnails for ample representation uploads with out impacting server show.Bulk Obtain (ZIP Instauration):
Once a person requests to obtain their absolute dataset, I demand to make a ZIP record containing each associated information. Since the datasets are precise ample, I americium afraid astir show, representation utilization, and processing clip.
Might you delight propose the champion structure oregon instruments/providers to grip these necessities effectively? Ideally, I americium trying for a resolution that minimizes burden connected the GCP VM and scales fine with ample record sizes.
Imaginable issues I americium exploring see inheritance occupation processing, serverless features, oregon retention-autochthonal processing choices, however I would acknowledge adept suggestions.
Convey You
Trying guardant to your proposal.
Answers
Once you make the zip record, brand certain you disable compression (since pictures are already compressed). That volition prevention you a batch of CPU.
For ZIP information, once downloading ample information units, I usage ZIP streaming. You don't archetypal person to make the entire ZIP record connected disk, and negociate that, you tin conscionable commencement downloading consecutive distant and adhd information piece doing truthful.
I don't deliberation location's a conjurer resolution for thumbnails instauration. You merely demand to publication each representation information and make a thumbnail for all 1.